Monday, July 18, 2005

Learning digital literacy



I took my video camcorder to Turku. My intention was to tell something with moving image. Problem is that I didn't have anything to tell. This is a blog about mediated communication - not about my family seeing Turku. I did not shoot anything.

I toke some photos, just to make this point. It is important to use a correct media to tell the right message. Fact that we were in Turku, can be told be a photo -it does not need video. (If I would want to make a point that moving furniture was hard work, it might have been done better with a video clip.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a bit pity - I'd have wanted to see more sootings from there, even though without any chaining story. Turku is one of the most beautiful cities on Finnish summer time. Unfortunately I'ven't had a chance to visit the town for a long time...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Hannu said...

I'll do some videography soon. I just have a big problem with what to tell by moving images. I would like it to be "factual telling" - and home videos are in sence of being documentary. BUT I am also trying to use moving image as a media for scientific text - and I just am not there yet:-)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home